Here is how to create and run your first OmniMark program in OmniMark Studio for Eclipse:
- Start Eclipse.
project dialog is displayed.
- Select OmniMark -> OmniMark Project, and click
- Enter the project name: “Hello” and click
Finish. You will be prompted to
switch perspectives to an OmniMark perspective.
Yes. The OmniMark perspective is displayed.
- Right click the project folder in the
Navigator window and choose
New File dialog is displayed.
- Enter the file name “hello.xom” in the
File name box at the bottom of the
dialog box and click
Finish. An editor window opens.
- Type in the following program:
output "Hello " || #args
- Save the file.
Debug Configurations… from the
Debug button or
Run menu. The
Debug dialog appears.
- Right click on
OmniMark Application and choose
New. The launch
configuration dialog appears.
- In the
OmniMark Project selection, click
and select the “hello” project.
- In the OmniMark Program selection, click Browse and select the “hello.xom” file. (You may
have to begin typing the name before it appears in the list.)
- Select the “Parameters” tab.
- Select the “Arguments” tab.
- Type in “World” and click Debug. The dialog closes and the program is shown in the OmniMark
- Click the step into button to step through the program. Program output is shown in the console window.