A rule to be performed before all other processing.
process-start has several special stream-related properties. Streams opened in
process-start rules without specifying the
domain-free open modifier can be written to by:
- cross-translations and down-translations (all rules).
- up-translations, context-translations, and programs containing process rules (all structured markup rules).
Changing groups in a
process-start rule has the following effects:
- in a cross-translation or a down-translation, this can affect any following rule.
- in an up-translation, context-translation, or program containing process rules, this can only affect structured markup rules.
Of course, changing groups never affects a subsequent rule if it is done within an action preceded by a
using group as prefix.
Changing groups can affect a
process-start rule as follows:
- in a cross-translation or down-translation, if it is done in any rule.
- in an up-translation, context-translation, or program containing process rules, but only if it is done in a structured markup rule.